¡Bienvenidos a Lincoln Park! Welcome to Lincoln Park!
To Our David Douglas District Families,
Our county and state health partners have made changes to COVID-19 protocols and guidance aimed at keeping schools open and students in school. It has been determined that the transmission of COVID-19 rarely occurs within a school setting because of the many layers of protections in place. When people get infected, it typically happens away from a school setting.
Contact Tracing Guidance
The Oregon Health Authority and Multnomah County have changed the COVID-19 contact tracing protocols in public schools. Going forward, contact tracing to track potential exposure to the virus will only occur when that close exposure involves a person unmasked indoors.
This means that Oregon will no longer consider masked contact in a K-12 setting (including on school buses) to be an exposure, regardless of distancing. Social distancing will still be practiced to the greatest extent possible.
COVID-19 safety protocols are unchanged in our schools. Masks are required indoors, social distancing indoors will continue to the extent possible, hand washing and sanitizing will continue to be encouraged, and air ventilation practices will continue.
Multnomah County also updated isolation and quarantine protocols.
- People with a confirmed or presumed case of COVID, or who are showing symptoms, should isolate at home for 5 days beginning from the day they first showed symptoms or were administered the positive test.
- They should continue to isolate beyond 5 days until they are fever free for 24 hours.
- Following isolation, they should wear a well-fitted mask around other people in all locations, including at home, for another 5 days.
For those with a close exposure to a COVID case:
- There is no need to quarantine if a person is fully vaccinated, including having received a booster shot for those age-eligible. They should get tested 5 days after exposure.
- There is no need to quarantine for someone who tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days. They should get tested 5 days after exposure.
- People who are not fully vaccinated should quarantine for 5 days, get tested on the 5th day, then wear a well-fitted mask in all locations for another 5 days.
Anyone with COVID symptoms should stay home. Do not come to school.
The proven, best ways to avoid infection, or prevent serious illness or death when infected, is to wear well-fitted masks in public, socially distance, and get fully vaccinated, including boosters if age-eligible.