Spring is here! I hope you have been having a lovely Spring Break. I’ve been hunting trilliums and enjoying our now 12 hours of daylight!
I don’t know about you, but I’ve been having lots of feelings about the return to in-person instruction. I mean, I am SO EXCITED to be coming back, but also wondering and worrying about how it will work/feel/be. This week’s story, A New First Day, by Elena Grant, is the best book I’ve found so far about returning to school with COVID-19 protocols in place. Ms. Grant is a teacher in Georgia and wrote this book to support her students. I hope Cindy’s story will allay some worries and help you feel ready for our new first day!
- PGE Payment Matching Program. Portland General Electric has a payment matching program. (click here for more information in various languages).
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance. Under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 and the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, FEMA will provide financial assistance for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020. For more information and how to apply go HERE.
- Multnomah County Health Centers are offering COVID-19 vaccines at 3 of their health centers for current Multnomah County Health Clinic patients! Click here for more information.
- Pharmacies now offering COVID-19 vaccine. Pharmacies will screen for eligibility according to state guidelines. They will have limited doses and so appointments will be limited. Go directly to their COVID vaccine websites to make an appointment:
- Vaccine information
- What to know before you get vaccinated
- FAQs Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers in Arabic Hmong Korean Simplified Chinese Russian Vietnamese
- Post Vaccination Infographic (What we need to do together)
- Post Vaccination Infographic in Spanish
- LCSNW created a video about the COVID-19 vaccines in Russian. Click here to view it.
- Benefits of a Vaccine Flyer (English) and in Arabic, Hmong, Korean, Marshallese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Traditional Chinese and Vietnamese
- Mental Health America has a free tool kit for mental health month in May. Click here for more information and to download the kit.
- Clackamas Parenting Together has a Father’s group starting in April. See flyer for more details.
- Catalyst Transgender Leadership Program from Basic Rights Oregon is accepting applications. It’s free of charge! Click here for more information.
- Urban League has a virtual Career Connection Job Fair coming in May. Click here for more information as a recruiter or a job seeker.