Back to school time is here – I just finished teaching my first week of parent classes for the Early Kindergarten Transition program – we have a great group coming!
Time to think about getting back into the swing of school. Here are a few things you can do to make the first weeks of school run smoothly…
- Come to back to school night on September 8th from 5-6:30! Meet classroom teachers and join friends, family and faculty on the playground for ice cream.
- Talk about the year to come with your child
- Imagine what he or she might learn this year
- Read a “First Day of School” book with your child
- Look forward to new friendships
- Returning students should know who their teacher and classmates will be. If you don’t know, class lists will be posted on September 8th.
- Get back into the swing of morning and evening routines
- check bus schedules
- set an alarm
- start going to bed at “school night”-o’clock a few days before school starts
- lay out clothes and backpack in the evening to make mornings run smoothly
- set up or reclaim a quiet space for homework