Welcome back, Lions! I hope you have had a most excellent summer. We had a wonderful time here at summer school and are busy planning for the school year to come. As I’m sure you are aware, there have been many changes to COVID regulations in the last few weeks as the pandemic continues to evolve. Our top priority is the health and safety of your student(s) and the Lincoln Park community, so are plans are evolving as well. This page will be updated as new information arrives.
The Lincoln Park office will reopen on August 23. Please call (503) 256-6504 once the office opens to set up a time if you need to visit in person and wear a mask. Many of the registration forms and information can also be found at the David Douglas Registration and Enrollment page.
Information for Tuesday, 9/21
Information for Thursday, September 9
Arrival and dismissal maps:
Information for Thursday, August 26th
- Principal Wilkes’ Welcome Letter
- Start dates for the week of 9/7:
|Tuesday Sept. 7th:||Wednesday, Sept. 8th:||Thursday, Sept. 9th:||Friday, Sept. 10th:|
|Last names: A-H||Last names: I-P||Last names: R-Z||Regular School Day for all students K-5|
- Update: all back to school family meetings and events will now be VIRTUAL, not in-person.
- Back to school video from the elementary principals:
Information as of Monday, August 23
- All K-12 educators and volunteers in the state of Oregon are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th. This includes teachers, assistants and all school and district staff. Read Governor Brown’s order here.
- Here is a story that may help you and your child discuss what coming back to school looks like from Ms. Snyder, our school counselor (and Leo the Lion, of course!):
- If you’d like to review the school’s health expectations for students, they are available in English and Spanish. Feel free to read and watch with your child along with the above video as you prepare for school. Our goal, as ever, is for everyone to be (and feel) safe, healthy and welcome at Lincoln Park.
Information as of Monday, August 16th
- Please check your mail and email. Expect a communication from David Douglas School District and letters from Lincoln Park.
- (now is a great time to log into ParentVue and ensure that your contact information is up to date)
- School starts the week of September 7th. Your student’s start date and teacher will come in the mail the week of 8/23. If you have not received a letter by August 30th, please call the office.
- All students and staff in school buildings are required to wear masks (see OAR).
- Our goal is full-time, in-person instruction for all students, every day.
Can’t wait to see you!