Hello, Lions! I hope you are managing to find some space to breathe this week (literally and figuratively). Today’s story is illustrated by one of my favorite artists, Liz Climo. In First Day Critter Jitters, you’ll meet some critters who might be having some of the very same feelings about going back to school as you (and I) have. I hope I’ll get to see you all in your virtual classrooms next week! ❤️🦁❤️
- School Lunch schedule/sites change next week!
- Internet Hotspots
- As we prepare to begin online Comprehensive Distance Learning, DDSD has a limited number of hotspots that can bring the Internet into the homes of those who do not have reliable connectivity.
- If you need a hotspot, please completely fill out this request form by Wednesday, Sept. 16.
- We cannot guarantee that every family that completes a form will receive a hotspot, but DDSD will do our best to get them to the families who most need them.
- As a reminder, for those who don’t receive a hotspot, see our Family Technology Support webpage for information on local Internet providers that offer assistance to lower income families.
Save the Date!
Lincoln Park’s Welcome Back “Parade” is on Friday, September 18th at 2:30 pm. Wear a mask and come say hi!
Video from the district about Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL)
David Douglas Student Health Center is now open!
- Be Prepared: turn on Emergency Alerts in your phone (in Notifications) and sign up for Public Alerts. (español, ру́сский язы́к, العَرَبِيَّة, 日本語, 中文, 广东话, Tiếng Việt, ພາສາລາວ, Af-Soomaali)
- Stay inside if you can and avoid travel.
- Helping/Talking with kids about wildfires
- Local Information
- Clackamas County: Wildfire Information
- Multnomah County: Smoke and Wildfire Information
- Check the Oregon Smoke Map or download the OregonAIR app.
- Governor Brown’s Wildfire Resources Information
- Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- For the latest updates: OEM Facebook Page
- Red Cross Find Shelters
- For the latest updates: Red Cross Cascades Region Facebook Page
- How to prepare for wildfire emergencies