I got a letter/phone call from the school saying that there had been an exposure. Has my child been exposed?
- Any time there is an exposure at school, ALL families are notified.
- If your student was exposed, you will receive additional information from the school, nurse, MESD and/or teacher.
My child might have been exposed to COVID-19, what should I do?
- Consult with your child’s doctor and follow their recommendations.
- If your child does not currently have a doctor, you can visit the David Douglas Student Health Center (503-988-3554)
- If the doctor recommends quarantine, notify the school and your student’s teacher.
- Please let us know your expected date of return.
- You will be able to pick up materials for your child to learn at home (self-paced) during their quarantine.
I want to get my student tested for COVID-19.
- Ask your child’s doctor about a COVID-19 test.
- The David Douglas Student Health Center (503-988-3554) offers COVID-19 testing (and vaccines for students 12+). Call for an appointment.
- IRCO offers drive-through COVID-19 testing and vaccines on Fridays. (see flyer)
- Additional no-cost testing sites can be found here.
I would like to learn more about exposures and quarantines
Should my child go to school today?
- Please review the above document: Daily Symptom Check. Contact Ms. Masigat, our health assistant if you have questions: (503) 256-6504 ext. 1785
- See also: Oregon Department of Education’s Exclusion Summary Guidance
My student’s class has been quarantined.
- Pick up a computer and school supplies from school. Your child’s teacher will teach live online while the whole class is quarantined. You may request a hotspot from the school if you do not have internet at home.
I got notice from the school that my student needs to quarantine.
- Pick up a computer and school supplies from school. Your child’s teacher will provide self-paced learning activities for your student while they are at home.
My student is quarantining and needs a school lunch.
- Contact your child’s teacher to order a lunch. Lunches can be picked up in the office between 10:30 and 11.