Thursday, 2/9/17, 6-8 pm
Lincoln Park Elementary School
Anyone can make weatherization improvements at home. Whether you own or rent, whether you’re in an apartment, mobile home, or house, you can make basic improvements to make your home more comfortable by saving energy and money. The Community Energy Project provides over 50 workshops throughout the weatherization season (end of September to late March) in many communities. They are coming to Lincoln Park on February 9th. By coming to the workshop, you could:
- Save $10-$40/month on your energy bills
- Improve comfort and efficiency in your home
- Qualified households recieve a free kit of weatherization materials, including:
- Interior storm window kits
- Door weatherstripping and door sweeps
- Compact fluorescent lighting
- And much more!
Learn how to implement simple measures to lower home energy use by installing effective weatherization materials using basic tools such as scissors and a screwdriver. Each participating income-qualified household receives a free kit of weatherization materials worth over $100. Each kit includes four reusable vinyl storm window kits, pipe insulation, rope caulk, and much more.