Scholastic just released the 5th Kids & Family Reading Report.
- Kids like to read books that make them laugh
- Kids like being read to/with, even after they’re old enough to read independently on their own
- Kids see reading with their parents as “special time” together
- Kids are reading more ebooks than in years past, but prefer the experience of reading a print book
- Kids who see their parents and caregivers reading are more likely to read
- Kids like to read books they’ve picked out themselves