Join Commissioner Jessica Vega Pederson and Division Midway Alliance to clean-up litter and beautify the spaces around 122nd Ave and Division Street. Volunteers will meet at Division Midway Alliance’s headquarters at 117th and Division Street and then head out into the neighborhood to pick up trash.
- Date: Saturday, July 24th, 2021
- Time: 9am to 11:30am (2.5 hours)
- Meeting Location: Division Midway Alliance, 11721 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97266. This location is accessible by public transportation; 2-Division or 73-122nd
- What’s Provided: SOLVE provides trash grabbers, trash bags, work gloves, and high vis-vests.
- What to Bring: Please come wearing a hat or other items to help keep you cool, comfortable closed-toed shoes, and bring a filled reusable water bottle or snacks. Wearing a masks during the event is now optional, but please bring one just in case.
- Parking: On 120th and Division, there is a parking lot where volunteers can park, it is directly in front of the Hidden Court Apartment complex. Please do not park in the back of the Wells Fargo or in the Division Center parking lot.
- Bathrooms: There will not be available restrooms at the Division Midway Alliance offices. Volunteers are encouraged to use the restroom before attending this event.
- Accessibility: This area is relatively flat, but it is along a busier transportation corridor sometimes without adequately paved sidewalks or well-defined crosswalks. We can absolutely make accomodations for people with accessibility issues. Please contact the email below if you have any questions or concerns.
We welcome volunteers under 13, but we ask that they are accompanied by an attentive adult. Youth volunteers 17 and under will have to sign a separate youth waiver form if they are attending a SOLVE event without a parent.
Contact: Please contact Olivia Cleaveland at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 988-5217 if you have any questions.